The name's Rawat..
Hey! I'm Vikas Rawat from Andheri W, Mumbai. Keep queued in if you like my posts :) DISCLAIMER: The views i express here are strictly my own and personal opinions. I do not represent any group and do not intent to cause harm to anyone in anyway.

Politics in India and Sheela Ki Jawani

By Vikas Rawat
Corruption in India is a very strange issue. As we all know, everyone likes talking about it, but very few actually do something. Except of course talk. By talk, I mean to include every aspect of verbal criticism, speculation, gossip and of course, curses. The last one is a popular way of expressing the sentiments of the people towards corruption.

Now I doubt anyone would actually mind, or even notice, if I'd have replaced 'corruption' by 'politics' in the above paragraph. For in today's India, corruption is almost synonymous with politics. So synonymous in fact, that they can be used interchangeably which is the very point I wanted to highlight. Now I know 99%of you are here, even bothering to read this, because of the title. I will come to that in a short while.

The great thing about India is that each and every person is entitled to their two-paisa worth opinion and most of us make absolute use of this opportunity, like me(Brittania's music- tin tin tin tin). But the question really is how concerned are we towards corruption/politics? I'll tell you. We read/hear about all these scams - 2G spectrum, CommonWealth Games, the Yeddy land scam, the CVC appointment etc. and ogle at the big numbers that are involved and then realise in a moment that there is a 'crores' after that huge number. After cursing the politicians and wondering if so much money actually exists in India, you go about doing your work. Nothing wrong about it.

Except of course that there is nothing right either.

Now let me tell you about this recent encounter I had with a friend. As we met, I brought to his notice about how the Indian Government lost a staggering amount of Rs.1,70,000 Crores just because the ex-Union Minister for Telecom - Raja took the wrong approach in issuing spectrum licenses. And his response was, 'Abe, G*** maraye Raja, ye dekh!'

And with that, he swishes out his mobile like a sword and with supernatural speed (I bet it was on his home screen!) showed me a video of Katrina Kaif gyrating in a sexed up costume. As he increased the volume slowly, I could hear rhythmic dhol beats, and in no time indeed, it started..

"Sheela.. Sheela ki jawani..."

Yes, the song is awesome and so is Katrina in it. But at that time I happened to see the friend and his face which was moving as if controlled by Katrina's every hip-swing and bosom-thump. It seemed to have a life of its own. I mean it could've been the beats too, but I prefer to think (and am pretty sure) it was the former. Nonetheless, I was amazed to notice how very un-perturbed he was with the staggering amount I quoted and was instead mesmerised with Sheela's jawani.

Now before you tag me as a sad, boring geek, I'd like to confess that Sheila had my full attention too. I mean it IS.. I .. err.. I mean.. you know.. Nice. If you haven't seen it yet, don't judge me. If you have, they you probably have too *sigh. Let us come to the point, shall we?

Sheela Ki Jawani was all it took for the friend to forget the Rs.1,70,000 rupee loss. Why, had the song played during the CAG investigation that caught Raja, maybe he'd have gone scot-free. I wonder if he's even heard the song yet, or even knows the potential it had to divert attention from the muck of politics. HIS muck atleast. For it is impossible to attribute the entire muck to one person. For there is Yeddyurappa and many other appas of corruption lingering in every state. Yeddyurappa, for now, continues defying his party bosses with pressure politics and blackmail, thanks to the support of the 100 something MLA's and MP's he enjoys. And while he digs in his heels for the CM's position, its understandable for the BJP leaders to envy the Congress. For no matter how many scandals the Congress is accused of, no one, and I mean NO ONE defies what Sonia Gandhi says. Ashok Chavan, Suresh Kalmadi and now Raja were removed with an effortless 'Go' By Sonia. And for that reason alone, Congress is better poised at the centre than BJP will ever be.

Nevermind my political views. Our dear politicians are an arrogant lot, and Yeddyurappa is a standing example of that. Politics and corruption go way back, just like money and happiness. There are few people who believe otherwise in both cases.

So while the politicians go about doing their manmani, I suggest you go watch Sheela Ki Jawani. B-)


Yes my Friend, you too.
 

11 comments so far.

  1. Akshay Hegde November 23, 2010 at 9:58 PM
    Hi this article of yours is very interesting and I have to mention the title as its highly attractive..!
    Also I wanted to tell you how did I came across your blog and this particular article ( I don't whether it matters to you or not ...:p )
    'Sonam Kapoor' had tweeted about your article....!!...:)
  2. Unknown November 23, 2010 at 10:06 PM
    hey nice article man !!!
    keep going....it shows the views of Indian people about the Indian politics :)
  3. Vikas Rawat November 23, 2010 at 10:22 PM
    @Akshay Yes it does matter to me a lot! :) She's extremely sweet.. Thank you :)
  4. Vikas Rawat November 23, 2010 at 10:24 PM
    @Farid Thank you Farid..

    @Farid and Akshay - Do visit in for further posts. Thank you :)
  5. Anonymous November 23, 2010 at 10:27 PM
    good post..but the article needs more punch..
  6. Vikas Rawat November 23, 2010 at 10:30 PM
    Thank you :) Will pack in more punch in the future..
  7. Words worth November 24, 2010 at 7:08 PM
    way to go vikas , awesome article....:) i agree wit ur views completely n wish that atleast one of those money mongers would read it n change themselves. A girl can hope can'nt she :)
  8. arjun sedani December 1, 2010 at 12:01 PM
    mind bowing..keep it up... annapoorni mam wud be proud... ;)
  9. Vikas Rawat December 6, 2010 at 12:30 AM
    @Achu Thank you :) And yes, very much :P

    @Arjun Thank you bhai :)
  10. Adithya Nair December 21, 2010 at 5:37 PM
    Kickass article, man!!
  11. Vikas Rawat December 27, 2010 at 8:14 PM
    @Adithya Thank you :)

Something to say?

Post a Comment

Shoot!